PILNE
Nagłówki
Źródło: OpenNewswire • 15.05.2026 14:15 • TechOryginał (en)

NAEP test expansion after concerns about its future

This story was originally published in The 74. Sign up for their newsletters here.A year ago, there was speculation that the Nation’s Report Card was at risk under the Trump administration. Testing experts at the Education Department had been laid off and the board in charge of the program canceled several optional tests. But now, expansion is coming in the form of additional results that could give the public more information about how students in their states are performing.The National Assessment Governing Board approved a new testing schedule Friday that allows for state-level results in 12th grade math and reading, eighth and 12th grade civics, and eighth grade science. The vote was 16-3.NAGB, which sets policy for the National Assessment of Educational Progress, has long aspired to add more granular results, said Executive Director Lesley Muldoon.“That’s what helps drive actual policy action at the state level,” she said. The updated schedule would take effect in 2028 for eighth

Artykuł Przetłumaczony artykuł